Cody B. Lewis
Energetic, confident leader implementing effective strategies founded upon accurate financial analysis, experienced business savvy, fervent attention to detail, and an insatiable drive for excellence.
LEWIS REALTY GROUP (Residential & Commercial Real Estate Representation), Las Vegas, NV
REALTOR®, Realty ONE Group, Inc.
- Representing clients in various types of real estate transactions – owner occupants and investors of all types and demographics. Utilizing strong negotiating skills and timely, consistent communication to provide unparalleled service and satisfaction to clients.
- Represent sellers by way of innovative and comprehensive marketing and promotion techniques, including superior technology tools for the highest possible sales price in the most appropriate amount of time.
- Utilize highly customized offering strategies for buyer clients, resulting in average offer acceptance rate better than 75%, compared to an industry standard of approximately 20%.
Cody’s professional career began in corporate finance with Ford Motor Company in Dearborn, Michigan, where he served as a member of the Automotive Aftermarket Division and then the Global Warranty Business Office. While employed with Ford, Cody also gained valuable business acumen as he was exposed to numerous examples of both outstanding and terrible business practices. These experiences taught him how to develop and carry out practical, effective strategies that produce real, measurable results for his clients.
Cody’s experiences with Ford led to an offer to run a real estate investment and development company in Las Vegas focusing on the acquisition, planning, and development of real estate in several markets in the southwest region of the US. His duties included the acquisition of real estate representing more than $150M in capital allocation, as well as making the “No-Purchase” decision on more than 150 potential investments. Cody personally maintained all lending relationships for the company and raised all the capital necessary to carry out the objectives of the organization.
In recent years, Cody has deepened his experience in real estate while consulting investment groups and lenders through the complicated and sometimes messy process of managing both performing and distressed assets through the real estate downturn. His educational background, employment experience, and knowledge gained from owning and managing several investment properties of his own have all contributed to his success in real estate.
CADENCE CONSULTING (Real Estate Asset Management & Disposition Consulting), Las Vegas, NV
Developing and implementing asset management and disposition strategies for lenders’ REO properties by performing comprehensive market and financial analysis. Increasing real estate knowledge and business acumen of clients’ management staff.
- Develop and implement processes, policies, and measurable metrics in connection with holding, maintaining, and disposing of real estate assets within a holdings portfolio. Consult and provide recommendations and analysis regarding which properties to hold and which to sell based on clients’ market positioning and company objectives. Create marketing campaigns to attract and capture potential purchasers.
- Negotiate and manage real estate disposition transactions, including contract negotiation and review, managing escrow and title processes, and reviewing title reports and settlement statements to ensure a professional and timely close on transactions.
- Review and inspect clients’ legal documentation and contracts of all varieties, thereby minimizing review time of legal professionals and minimizing clients’ legal expenses.
OMEGA VISTA & AVANTE HOMES (Real Estate Investment, Planning & Development), Las Vegas, NV
President, Omega Vista
Managed $250M real estate holding portfolio. Responsible for acquisition, entitlement, capital sourcing, financial analysis, and disposition of investment assets. Accountable for all investment performance results.
- Responsible for overall company strategy and business planning, including all acquisition/disposition timing decisions to maximize investment IRR. Recommended 50+ acquisitions representing $150M+ in capital and provided “No-Purchase” recommendations on more than 150 potential investments. Purchase/No-Purchase decisions based on company objectives, investment return hurdles, financial analysis (IRR/NPV, ROI, and other financial disciplines), market conditions, and other due diligence efforts involving surveys, title review, environmental reports, appraisals, and entitlement/zoning feasibility. Navigated company through extremely depressed real estate market, making decisions about how and when to cut losses and reallocate capital to new investment opportunities.
- Reviewed and approved company legal documentation, including entity formation documents, purchase and sale contracts, promissory notes, deeds of trust, escrow/title documents, entitlement/zoning documents, consultancy agreements, and loan documents.
- Originated and maintained all capital lending relationships (average commitment of $130M) for Omega Vista and related homebuilding operations (Avante Homes) with AmTrust Bank, Wells Fargo Commercial Lending Division, and Housing Capital Company. Determined appropriate debt-to-equity ratios for each company. Loan types included land purchase loans, homebuilder acquisition and development funding, unit construction revolving facilities, and general fixed and revolving credit-line facilities. Negotiated terms such as loan maturity, interest rate, equity requirement covenants, loan balancing requirements, and repayment terms. Facilities included a multi-asset, floating interest rate, revolving credit line in excess of $70M.
- Led teams of engineers, land planners, land-use attorneys, political consultants, and subcontractors through various types of zoning and entitlement applications, including two Clark County Major Projects applications for master planned communities encompassing more than 1,200 acres. Decision-making authority for community themes, monumentation, amenity levels, product type, product mix, development planning, and product sales strategy.
FORD MOTOR COMPANY (Global Automotive Manufacturing), Dearborn, MI
Recall Group Controller & Financial Analyst – Global Warranty Department
Provided financial analysis, accounting control, and business case modeling for $800M of annual recall program approvals and $900M of annual recall spending. Performed month-end accounting closes and developed ongoing forecast variance reports on recall-induced spending.
- Managed $3 Billion recall reserve account for recall-related expenses in North America. Determined initial recall expense accrual amounts by vehicle line and model year. Reported accrual balances to the company balance sheet and monitored actual spending relative to accruals. Forecasted additional recall-related spending and adjusted vehicle line accruals accordingly.
- Authored “Rules of the Road” accrual standards and accounting policies for managing corporate warranty reserve levels, then assisted in worldwide rollout of those guidelines to achieve consistent warranty accounting practices globally. Implementation included all global Ford Motor Company brands, such as Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo, and Aston Martin. Pricing Analyst – Automotive Consumer Services Group (2000 – 2001) Developed aftermarket pricing strategies for Ford Brand and Motorcraft auto parts, including 25,000 brake, electrical, fuel, and emissions parts that grossed $600M in annual retail sales
- Served as financial support function on five cross-functional teams consisting of marketing professionals, engineers, and other finance representatives to launch new products to the automotive aftermarket. Assisted in development of marketing business plan for launch of new Motorcraft brake line, which generated $200M in sales from 2000 to 2004.
THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS, São Paulo, Brazil
Taught life principles to hundreds of families and individuals. Occupied leadership positions responsible for organization, placement, coaching, and counseling of 30 to 40 fellow representatives.
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN, University of Michigan Business School, Ann Arbor, MI
Master of Business Administration
Scored 710 on the GMAT, placing in the 96th percentile.
BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY, College of Social Sciences, Provo, UT
Bachelor of Arts in Economics
Graduated cum laude with 3.9 GPA. Recipient of BYU full-tuition academic scholarship. Two-year leave to participate in full-time volunteer work in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Extremely proficient in Excel, including integration with other Microsoft applications
- Fluent in Portuguese